Hello my lovelies,
I was recently the recipient of a random act of kindess. I belong to a Bullet Journal group on Facebook and a woman on there decided to go through the groups members list and pick someone at random to send a package of stationery goodies to from the USA. I was the one she picked.
I was completely floored. Why would a complete stranger want to send me a gift? I didn’t think anything would come of it but sure enough, my package of goodies arrived in the post. I couldn’t believe it. Someone who doesn’t even know me, cared enough to do something nice for me; just because.
Today I wanted to share with you some random acts of kindness ideas you could try, if you were so inclined. I think we can start a random acts of kindness revolution. Here are 10 random acts of kindess to get you started.
- Donate used books, cd’s and dvd’s to the local library or care home.
- Donate gently loved baby clothes to an orphanage.
- Write a positive message on a post it note and leave it stuck to the mirror of a public bathroom.
- Help change a tire.
- Take cakes or a healthy treat to work when it’s not even your birthday.
- Pay someone a compliment
- Cook a meal for a friend with a new baby… or someone you know who’s been ill
- Buy a sandwich and a coffee for a homeless person.
- Make up a few make up bags of travel size toilettries such as toothpaste, a toothbrush, deodorant, face cream, lip balm, sanitary towels, a packet of baby wipes etc and store them in your car. Hand one to homeless people you see in your community or wherever you travel.
- Leave your waitress a larger than normal tip.
Check out Randomactsofkindess.org for more ideas. I’m off to find a random act of kindness idea so that I can pay yesterday’s happy mail forward.