Hello my lovelies,
Ah! February…. the flowers are starting to bloom and there’s been a few warmer days. What a lovely time of year!
It’s been a heck of a month and there have been a lot of changes here at swish cottage. We now have a working shower! Of course the rest of the bathroom is still in a state of renovation but this is progress indeed. And, after 10 years of using power showers with their piddly water flow, I’m IN LOVE with my new rainfall shower with decent plumbing and water pressure. Papa R (DH) is my hero!
I started this ‘highs and lows’ post series last month and thought I’d keep up with it as a debriefing and forecast of next month’s goals.
You will remember my insomniac state from the beginning of February, so it’s little wonder I did not set myself any overly ambitious goals.
1. Schedule in passport renewal – not yet scheduled in for various reasons.
2. Schedule in date night – date night was a lovely success and well deserved by Papa R and I. We had a lovely memory lane dinner.
3. Plan half term plans and activities – our half term was full of activity and fun thanks to so forward planning.
4. Remove wall paper from the hallway – thank godness our hidious 1960’s wallpaper has been removed!
5. Work on DD’s Disney autograph book – I’ve been working on it and it’s looking great! I’m hoping to print it and paste the pages into the notebook I bought soon.
6. Send out ‘save the date’ cards for DD’s birthday.
I have a confession to make. I did not complete all my goals for this month. There were two other items on my list that I did not get around to completing.
They were to complete a tiki shirt that I’d cut from a dress and I’ll post pictures when it’s completed. I also set out to complete two more chapters of the novel I’ve been writing for the past 6 years but that didn’t get done either. Of course, that’s the nature of renovation and life with a young child and I refuse to beat myself up about it. There are mommy bloggers out there who would lie and not tell you they’d set these goals and not completed them but I don’t see the point in deluding myself.
I dropped the 2 lbs I gained so I’m back at a 6 lb weight loss for this year. Not ideal because I had hoped to drop 5 lbs per month but I have to be proud of what I’ve achieved so far while I live my life. I’ve not given up and I am trying to stay on top of it and that’s all anyone can do.
And onto my:
Goals for March
1. Complete tiki shirt
2. Solidify plans for Disney including crafts – print. Possibly buy fabric and supplies
3. Complete autograph album
4. Solidify plans for DD’s birthday party – print
5. Plan date night for March – Home cinema night
6. Mary Poppins costume for DD’s book day at school (20 March)
7. Paint bathroom! I’m sure the bathroom will be most of the way finished by the end of March…. I hope!
Do you do monthly goal reviews?